December 31, 2010

A Mouse and a little Package

After yesterday's post I felt a lot better. I defined my options and got my priorities straight. Well I knew my priorities but it just really helps to write them down and read it. It kind of confirms everything, and I still need that.

Today I feel even better after talking with C. It's good to talk things through. I know all this is not easy for him either. How do you help a person that you can't help?

I haven't decided what to do yet. I will wait until I talked to D and P, who I don't expect to tell me what to do either but there are the only persons I can talk with about all this (without putting them in a weird position). After all I pay them to listen, right?
OK, honestly D is just the one I have to ask about possibilities with the medication and I would need a medical report from him in case I chose to take the option with the break from school. P has to listen.

Now to my day today.
        (photo credit)

I saw my first mouse on the subway today (eventhought a few minutes later it felt like a déjà vu). It was so cute, about 2cm long and brown, I wanted to take a picture but it was too scared of me and too fast. I know, not really interesting..


After work I ordered some books about PTSD on amazon. After the incidents with the calls a few days ago I just want to know more about it. I payed with credit card, so I checked my German account. I normally only have the money I spent with the credit card on it. But suddenly I saw that I actually had some money there I didn't know about. I checked the history and my parents transfered some money to my account and the transfer information says "Nikolaus and Christmas Money". This wouldn't be unusual if I still had contact to them, my sister and I always got some money for Christmas.

I was surprised but it didn't trigger my anxiety or anything. I guess because it wasn't a direct try to contact me. Or do I just need the money not caring where it actually comes from?
This made me think about the fact that I never asked my parents for any money and when they gave me some (mostly because they gave some to my sister and I saw it, so they had to give some to me too), I felt guilty and bad. I don't feel bad anymore. I won't transfer it back or anything like that. I have the right to take it. And to put some irony to that: They are going to pay my PTSD books. Sometimes justice comes in little packages from amazon..

I know it's too early to wish you a happy new year, but here in Austria (and also in Germany) we say "Guten Rutsch" the day before, what means something like get savely to the new year (literally have a good slip into the new year). So.. *Guten Rutsch!*

5 comments:

  1. I see mice on the train tracks in the subway stations all the time. It is a lot better then seeing the rats in the tunnels!

    Happy New Year to you! Out with 2010, in with 2011. You'll get to 2011 before me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guten Rutsch from this side of the pond :-))) Wishing you the best for the next year and a safe journey...
    I am happy that you have chosen to keep the money and put it to good use. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm so glad you sound good now! :) :) Happy new year, Andrea! God bless you with plenty of luck, love and warmth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the irony that you are using the money to pay for your books. Glad that you didn't feel bad about receiving the money from them, as I see it, it is th least they can do after evrything that you have endured. Hope your New Year is a wonderful one. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete