February 13, 2011

Moving Progress

The good news is that I slept really good last night, the bad news that I still feel sick. My throat and my ears hurt.. I hope I don't have another flu coming.

Today I started to actually prepare for my move across the pond. I checked how many suitcases I'll need and luckily it will all fit into one medium sized suitcase and my travel backpack, including Teddy of course. He has to come with me, he is my PTSD-buddy. It's perfect, he is always there, being my comfy pillow, catching my tears without feeling bad about me crying or being angry. So he has to come with me, eventhough I know C will probably laugh about me for a few hours, days or weeks :).

Another great thing about that move is that I go through my clothes and guess what I have soo many things that I don't actually wear. They'll all go to a shelter and I can actually do something good with it.
The friend who told me she would take my furniture is now not going to take it, so I started selling it over the internet, let's see if I can get some money for it.

I won't be able to take all my paintings with me :(. I have to leave No.7 behind, one of my favourite. The only ones I am able to take with me are No.1 and No.2.
But I can paint new ones, so that's not too bad.
Now I will relax a bit hoping that I don't get sick.

Hope you had a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I got myself a teddy 2 years ago, I never have had one before. He traveled with me twice to the USA, was a patient pilgrim in my backpack whilst traveling down the path of pilgrim towards myself and Santiago and even more though he shares the bed with me every night. My new husband never laughed at him, rather understands that with all the transitions in my life this teddy is the best to hold onto. There is not a day where he wouldn't watch out for teddy or puts his arm around me and teddy.
    I wanted to pass by to show some love and found your new post just now now. I know the paintings were hard on me too s I couldn't take all with me either. I am so glad to hear that you start feeling better. Love and hugs, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck on your move. It sounds like a long-distance haul!!
    When is the actual day you move

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got me soooo excited about your move!!!!!! Go Andrea! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete