October 18, 2010

Deserts and Stigma

I'm sitting in the computer lab at the university. I finished my homework and am unspeakably tired. Not that I have been awake today but wow I could fall asleep immediately. My last class is in about 2 hours until 8pm. That makes it 12 hours, I started at 8am. Poor me :( Alright enough self-pity for today.

Monday is always the day I have the most brain fog. I am able to think, discuss and whatever but I'm having some problems in the language area of my brain what is kind of bad considering that I study translation.. :)
So that's what happens when I am being asked a question:

That's what I see going on in my brain.
A very dry empty desert.
From time to time the wind is passing by, slightly swirling up the dust.
Can you hear it howling?
...
I'm glad I have this picture in mind... at least there is something to laugh about going on in there :)

In those moments I feel really stupid, I know I'm not but it feel very much so. It's one of the challenging moments when I have to fight the 'wrong' feelings off. 
It made me think about this difficult place we're in. We have a condition, whether it is physically or mentally, that people don't see and as they don't see it they don't understand our behaviour. I am very much for telling the truth and I don't have a problem (anymore) talking about any kind of condition I have. Or about what my childhood was like. The thing is that others can't take it. Stigma is a huge problem.
It's not about ME being able to talk about things, no it's about YOU being ready to hear it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Who's not understanding you? They surely have issues. You're better and nicer! Gloat! ;)

    ReplyDelete