The self-defense course I went to yesterday was good. I'm glad I didn't spend that money on nothing. Last time I tried to start a course the teacher was really bad. I went there to see if I'd like the course and instead of showing me techniques how to defend myself he just started to 'fight' with me, throwing me on the floor showing off. Such an idiot!
This time it was much nicer, the teachers actually cared about us learning something. And started from zero. Even telling us about the law in different countries, what are you allowed to do when you get attacked. If you don't know the law you might end up in jail for defending yourself. UNBELIEVABLE! There was a case where a young woman got attacked and raped, after a few minutes she managed to reach a knife she had in her pocket and stabbed the guy in the kidney area. She ended up being accused of battery and given 6 months probation.What the hell was she supposed to do? Not defend herself? This legal system just sucks!
I could go on and on about that.. it makes me so mad..
Back to the course.. the training went on for 3 hours and it was actually fun. Today I'm very sore though, but it's worth it. It's that sore feeling I like, after doing sports. The feeling that I did something for myself.
Eventhough we were doing different techniques, how to get out of a really firm grip and how to punch somebody 'efficiently', it wasn't triggering at all. This is so weird.. sometimes the plainest things are triggering.. a music, a song, a line of a song, a word, a look.. everything. But something that could be directly compared with violence isn't. Weird brains we got there..
Today I'm working all day, and I was planning to go out tonight but as I feel so sore and I have to work tomorrow morning.. that won't happen. I really looked foreward to going to a/some clubs tonight and just dance without thinking in anything for a few hours. But after a night like that I always feel sore and have pain the next day.. and as I'm already sore now.. My friends don't really understand it, they don't have to take care of themselves that much.
Sometimes I hate my good decisions..
Have a nice weekend everybody!
I think self-defense is where you're strengthening your mind also, so that shouldn't trigger anything negative. A song, a word, a look... they don't involve that positive energy. With them, you're just grasping underlying meanings and feeling emotions you don't need to feel. :D Sometimes they do good, sometimes just not... Okay, I can't describe anymore. :)
ReplyDelete