November 01, 2010

Smudge

Today is a blog-day. It's a holiday so I'm sitting here at work doing translations, blogging and being on fb. Yeah, you can measure the extend of boringness at work checking the levels I've reached at fb games :). Well, what else is there to do, right?

On Friday P did a Rorschachtest with me. I'll get the results tomorrow or on Thursday. I thought that it isn't such a good idea, because I'm more rational than emotional, but we'll see. Rational.. so of course I asked her about where that test came from and what idea is behind all that.

So, Mr. Rorschach woke up one morning and decided to develop a catalogue of smudge images that are used in a package of 10, each signifying different aspects such as the mother, father...and so on.
Now my question is: how could he link from an image of smudges to your e.g mother and your relationship, emotions etc. towards her? P didn't have an answer to that one. I understand the connection from seeing something in the image to your emotions but that exactly that image has a significance involving e.g your father? That's a bit of a long shot..
And what about cultural differences? An unusual answer is not unusual everywhere. How do they take that into account? (Oh, the translator is speaking here :))
And how can the results be the 'right' ones when the psychologist is not objective, as the images have no meaning as such?

Don't get me wrong, I only ask because I want to know, not to talk it down.

So I'll wait and see.
P is going to have another surgery on her back (she was hospitalized twice before, that's why I had no tehrapy for some time) and I won't have therpay for about a month starting next week. That's a bit annoying because I want to work on myself and therapy helps to see what I should work on.

So I guess I have to blog a bit more :).

1 comment:

  1. I'm wondering how P must have tried answering you. :D

    ReplyDelete