November 03, 2010

Anger

Yesterday was the first time that I felt real anger towards my family. After therapy I was churning, so I tried to calm down and feel what was going on with me. I guess you can call it meditation. I was lying down and tried to focus on whatever I was feeling. Here is a post that animated me to do so.

I was angry, angry at my parents and my sister for abusing me, angry at my parents for not protecting me, for not giving me a break of being scared, for making me feel worthless, unlovable and stupid.

For the first time I didn't search for excuses. They didn't know what they were doing. They couldn't act any different because that's how they themselves grew up. NO. Everybody has a choice. How come my mother treated the children she worked with so much better? Being stressed, hating your job and having low self esteem IS NOT A REASON TO ABUSE YOUR CHILD! Abuse can't be justified.

I feel relieved that I could finally feel anger. I will keep on working on it.
The only negative side effect is that my night mares got worse. Last night I had the worst night mare, I never felt so scared during a dream. But as soon as I woke up I was ok.

I love to make progress, as scary as it might be.

2 comments:

  1. Progress and change are never easy but, in the end the pay off is worth it. Please know that I truely understand this as I am challenging myself to change in regards to childhood issues. Hugs to you, you are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you heart, my dear. Nightmares aren't cool at all, but YOU WILL SAIL THROUGH. I'm praying. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete