November 19, 2010

Different Kinds of Sad

I'm feeling better, no ANT's (Automatic Negative Toughts; thanks Katie, now I can put a name to it) since today in the morning. Ok, one irrational one.. I admit :). But that's it.

Physically I feel like crap, it's raining and my arthritis is bugging me (feeling sooo old as I write this..lol), but as I'm mentally better it's easier to cope with. On Wednesday I experienced the difference of feeling 'normal' sad and prestage depressive sad or low again. Don't get me wrong, I don't like being sad, but I love the fact that I can feel sad.

It was because I now know that I will be alone for Christmas and New Year's. I'm still sad about it but on Wednesday I let myself feel genuinely sad. I cried for a while when I was at home after work and let it all out. The difference between these two sadnesses is huge. I don't really know how to explain it.. it just hurts somewhere else and from the inside out and not just inside yourself bouncing around searching a way out without finding one. Then I accepted it and I'm ok now. I know when Christmas comes closer it will get harder but for now I'm ok. And as I'm out of this anxiety - ANT - struggle (for now.. hihi cautious me talking) I'm really OK.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see that I could help. I hate having ANT's......;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool. I guess there is a good kind of sadness. Good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll send you hugs for Christmas. Will that do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be sure to pop by Christmas day while my mum and the dog are snoring xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a quick point about having a name for your "automatic negative thoughts"

    Isn't interesting how putting a name or diagnosis on something makes it more "tangible"?

    I have a friend who says: If you can see it, you can kill it.

    It's great. Because it's true, even for something like this.

    ReplyDelete