Didn't made it to the immigration office today :(. Not that I didn't try.
I took a cab because I had my laptop with me and well, I'm in Mexico and I already got my last one stolen, when I was here 4 years ago..
The cab driver got lost.. ja CAB DRIVER and LOST!
I had to go to the bank before going to the office to pay the first part of the fee. I have to do that the same day I hand in my papers. So I told him where the immigration office was and that I need him to drive me to the nearest bank there. I would have understood if he didn't find a bank.. but he didn't find the immigration office..
So when he finally found the office, that I - and I'm not just saying that - precisely discribed where it was, not only with the street name but also telling him between which 2 parallel streets it is at, he just parked there and refused to go any further to the bank. Idiot!
Anyway as I didn't know exactly how far the bank was I just thought I could get there walking. I was all dressed up wearing high heels and more or less business clothes because today I had my first class at a company... and unfortunately C told me to not wear flip flops.. my usual working outfit ;)
So there I was carrying a heavy laptop, 34°C, highheels, really bad cobble stone pavement with big holes in it and no bank in sight.
After walking for a while, what felt like running a marathon.. I decided to get another cab to the bank.
At the bank.. I went in and there were about 100 - seriously!- 100 people in it. Huge queue.. no movement.. Me already pissed of because of that damn cab driver, the marathon I just ran and the additional money I had to spent on another cab, decided to declare the mission as failed and went to the school.
The rest of the day was fine. Teaching at a company is more difficult than in the school because obviously the students want to know vocabulary from their field of work.. which in this class is logistics. I have no idea about that... and didn't have time to read into it or anything so I was faking it.. talking around the word.. explaining but not really saying it, because I had NO IDEA WHAT THAT WORD WAS he was searching, not even in german.. plus I had no internet in there so no way I could check it in a spanish-english dictionary.. I really need internet.
There was one guy that just didn't stop talking, interrupting the others, even his boss! Annoying person, I don't like him, he needs a lot of attention and I have to figure out a way to shut him up.. without telling him that.. could be hard as I am a very direct person and sometimes just can't stop myself.. Plus mexicans are not direct at all in things like that, they hardly tell somebody their opinions directly. So I'll have to stop him without telling him off.
Anyway..
My feet hurt, but I'm fine. The positive thing is that my feet will finally get used to high heels as I will have another class at the company and will be going there 4 days a week.. I'm not looking foreward to this first week though.. outch.. but I really do like wearing business clothes. I have to go shopping for some on Wednesday or tomorrow.. I just have one pants and 3 shirts and latin americans (don't know how it is in other countries..) never ever wear the same clothes the following day. In Germany you can do that for 3 days and nobody thinks you don't shower, but here they think you are dirty when you do that. Eventhough the clothes are clean and you are not stinky..
Tomorrow I give the immigration office another try. Maybe going to a smaller bank? What do so many people do in the bank in the morning? Don't they have jobs?
No comments:
Post a Comment