Thanks for your comments!
Yeah, reducing the Cipralex to the half was a lot.. still I'm glad I just needed a week to be OK again. I will keep on taking the 5mg for at least a week maybe two. Then I already thought about reducing it slower, first to 2,5mg and then stop taking them. It won't be easy to cut the pills, but I read that taking one every 2nd day is not a good idea as it has a short half-life in your system. So my body would be constantly on a Cipralex rollercoaster. I guess I will be sitting in the kitchen cutting the pills with a knife for a while.
Yes, no nightmares anymore.. Well actually I do still have a lot of dreams and I am sure that it's the same dreams, but what changed is me. I have a different attitude - ?.. Don't know if that's the word.. - towards them. I always woke up drained and with a really bad feeling. I thought all that was because I felt sad and scared during the dreams or that the anger was just too much to process for me. But by now I have another theory.
Before my nightmares stopped I had this eye-opening session with A. She made me see how I am and was actually punishing myself about feeling anger and she helped me admit that I have a lot of hate in me. I punished myself for feeling that hate because my parents were like that all the time and that was exactly how I didn't want to be or become. But hate and anger is nothing bad - at least this kind of anger and hate. I am not like them just because I feel what I feel.
So, the bad feeling after the dream was me feeling guilty about what I was doing in the dream. How I behaved. In my dreams I got really angry at my parents and then I let my anger out, screaming, hitting.. and so on. That should have relieved me, because it was something I was never able to do in reality. But instead it made me feel guilty. It was like being trapped in a vicious circle. I have a lot of anger and hate inside of me but every time I let it out I felt guilty about it, what didn't give me any sort of relieve.
Now I even have dreams about the past where instead of being scared and angry I actually enjoy situations. I for example dreamed about school and I had a lot of fun in that dream. Last night I screamed at my grandfather and at my mother and even hit their heads against each other. (I can't go into deatails, I am between two classes and only have 2 minutes left..) And I woke up feeling OK. Not guilty, scared or anything like that, I just woke up.
Alright so this is it for today. Have a nice weekend everybody!
If any of you have experience with reducing and stopping to take medication, please share it. I think it's something that is not talked about enough. I for example had no idea there would be something like withdrawal symptoms.
imo, the greater effect a med has on your system, the greater will be the withdrawal from it as your body develops a dependence for it. I take Trazadone, and M.D.s say there is supposed to be no withdrawal from it but whenever I try to go down I feel the effects. But then I have been taking it for over 20 years. My suggestion is to research thoroughly any med you plan to take and don't just base your info on what a doctor may say as there are too many drugs for them to keep track of and sometimes they make mistakes. I'm glad your dreams have gotten better.
ReplyDeleteI like your blog.
One of the withdrawal symptoms of Cypralex is nightmares, violent behavior that can be expressed in many ways.
ReplyDeleteSometimes therapists are reading things in withdrawal symptoms because they don't know the difference.
Pay attention if it is really you or drug-induced.
You are the right person to better find out.
Go slowly. To some people it gets worse when the end of the withdrawal process is arriving.
Don't hurry or you can lose the war and suffer huge withdrawal symptoms that can make you go back to the drug.
Seriously: let your body adjust to the new dosage for a long time. It's the safest way and that can give you more probabilities to achieve it.
Don't force your body.
You have to take everyday and not the 2 days option. No good.
I am happy to see you get ground under your feet again! I am on Zoloft - pretty high dosage - 200mg which I started to reduce to 150mg by now. Zolofts lifespan in my system is longer then yours with Cipraplex. Made it easier for me. No withdrawal symptoms here yet I am reducing very very slowly.
ReplyDeleteYes this session was very important. Showing anger/rage is an innate emotion we are born with. Suppressing ANY emotion for a long time leads to a different channeling for these emotions. Cutting, nightmares, constantly sick etc etc. You go girl! I am proud of you - if that means anything!
Sorry...but is it OK that I laughed at the part where you hit your grandfather's and mother's heads together?
ReplyDeletehugs hun x x x its good to hear you sounding brighter have a great week
ReplyDelete