May 17, 2011

Just checking in...

Just checking in..
I was having a huge headache for the last days. It started just after I reduced the Cipralex from 10mg to 5mg. Yes, withdrawal symptoms..

I was doing research and they could be worse but still.. I can't concentrate on anything becuase it get's worse, meaning that I hardly work, meaning a lot of canceled classes.. which is bad for business and who knows how long I am not able to teach all my classes?
I also didn't sleep a lot last night.. my head just hurt too much.

Well I'm hanging in there and I am glad that I don't feel any mental changes. I don't feel sad or depressed, just that damn headache.

I never realized how strong the drugs are that I'm taking.. anyway there was no way around it, I needed them. And now I just tell myself it will be worth the headache to get rid of them.

Did I mention that I haven't had nightmares for a week now? I guess I just had to accept that I hate my parents and tata! no nightmares anymore... I'll be writing about that another time. Juat wanted to close this post with something positive ;).

8 comments:

  1. It is withdrawal, be sure of that. For how long are you withdrawing this 5 mg? If you're starting and feel very bad maybe you could reduce the amount of mgs. Instead of 5 mg maybe 2,5 if you can cut the pill. The best advice about withdrawal:
    v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y. v--e--r--y s--l--o--w--l--y
    s------l------o-------w--------l----------y.
    You have to let your body adjust for this new dose and wait a while.
    Wait... fell you body recover and only when you feel that you are ready to take out another tiny little bit you take it.
    Each person reacts in a way and you have to pay attention to your body and listen to your instincts,
    Search "Cipralex withdrawalsypmtoms" and read all you can.
    It would be normal to think that when the process is reaching the end it will be easier.
    For some people NO.
    It gets harder and more time is needed.
    I hope the psychiatrist who is with you now knows how to help you and it's very positive that it was her that told you to withdraw.
    But even with her help you will have to pay attention and listen to your body because, as I said, each person is different and most physicians don't know how to help the withdrawal process.
    You are fortunate not to be withdrawing Paxil/Seroxat or Effexor who are the worse.
    Keep telling your process.
    I'm cheering! You will feel great at the end but think in a long process ok? Think in one year.
    So you will be able to work while waiting your body to adjust and regain strength.
    If you need any help you can ask me.
    Yes, anger is responsible for many things.
    I know by experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love from my heart to yours! I am a bit afraid in reducing mine as they actually got increased 2 months ago....
    I am happy to hear that there are no nightmares. Paula xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure why you're going off the med, but hope it all works out for the best for you even if you need to stay on it. There are worse things than being on medication, that much is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aside from the headaches,....things do sound better for you. I am glad. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking a lot of meds certainly does something to the body. I have found, especially recently (as a reminder) that as I have been slowly "getting better" the meds have felt stronger. Maybe it's time to get down to smaller dosages?

    You've cut back on the Cipralex, which may or may not be good for you. I've been on that one before, with pretty good results. Although when I reduced it, I was also titrating another drug which helped with making any withdrawal symptoms disappear. I hope your headache goes away soon. Give it a couple weeks. If you're not against prns, try combining some extra strength tylenol with extra strength ibuprofen. It does a wonder. As long as you don't rely on it for too long, it can be a great short term help for pain. They do it in the hospitals. Those meds don't interact badly because they are metabolized in different places- tylenol in the liver, ibuprofen in the kidneys.

    Don't know if any of that helps. But do hang in there. :)
    It will be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you. Love, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. I left a comment here last week.
    What happened? :(
    I don't remember what I wrote but it was more about quiting Cipralex very slowly.
    I'l try to write it again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry, I don't know what happened.. You are the third person telling me that a comment just dissapeared.

    ReplyDelete