Thank you again for your comments. I thought instead of writing you individual emails I'll just answer here maybe somebody else wants to comment on you comments... or well just call me lazy ;)
Linda: I don't really know much about drugs but I don't think there is any anti-depressant / anxiety... med that has no withdrawal symptoms. You're so right. When my psychiatrist perscribed me the first anti-depressend I didn't ask ANY questions. I just trusted him without having an idea about the drug he would give me. I was in the middle of a huge breakdown, so I really just wanted something that helped me, and I wasn't in the any state to be able to do research or anything myslef. I doubt that anybody actually does that in the middle of a crisis.. Shouldn't M.D's know that?
Ana: I know you're right too.. I do want to get rid of that drug as soon as possible, but I know that I have to take it sloooow. My nightmare don't have anything to do with the drug, I've had them since about one and a half year. They always showed me my therapy process, they kept on changing.. just like they did now.
Paula: It means a lot to me! Hey, we can be "reduce-buddies" :).
I'm glad that you don't have any withdrawal symptoms, I hope it stays like that! Keep us updated about your process.
I'm glad I can let part of my anger/hate out during my dreams. I don't think life is long enough to let it all out during the day. Like that I don't spend every day being in a bad mood. And I was sick a lot for a while, always having throat infections, now I didn't have any since a while :). Love up north.
Middle Child: Hahaahh.. sure it's OK! It actually looked really funny, thinking about it now..
I'm glad that the nightmares are not withdrawal and they help you in therapy. I forgot all my dreams and never sleep face up because in this position I have nightmares. I discovered that when I was 18 years-old and a friend of mine told me it happened to her too.
ReplyDeleteGo slowly and search for testimonies of those who have withdrew.
You can have some tips.
My withdrawal lasted 19 months and after 3 months out of Effexor living was not possible.
So I had to go back. David Healy, the psychiatrist who did the withdrawal protocol says that some people can't withdraw.
But what I believe that I should have stay in 37,5 mg for more time. I'm sure if I kept having this dose for maybe six months and than started withdrawing very slowly I would have succeed. The last phase was the worse for me.
But every person is different and you are taking Cypralex that is easier to withdraw.
I don't talk about this issue at the other account. At this blog the story of my withdrawal is told but at the first and second year.
Take a look at List of withdrawal symptoms" if you feel like.
Don't panic. You just have to listen to your body.
Hello sweetie, I haven't written to you for ages, and I apologise for that, though I have been reading you. I just thought that while you were thinking about medication, I would mention agomelatine. Obviously all meds are different for different people, but this one has no side effects coming on or off, no side effects while you are on it (well, I had a bit of skin itching which might not have been related, but didn't last long). I have been on it for nearly a month now and am pleased with the results. No nightmares any more and a very deep, restful sleep which I hadn't had for a long time. Some doctors/psychiatrists get very funny about prescribing it because it is very expensive but I was lucky. It is quite a new drug so there is not an awful lot about it out there, but if you have difficulties sleeping - which then doesn't help all your nasty pain - then it may be well worth thinking about. Just a thought. Sending hugs xxx
ReplyDeleteLOL, we moved across the pond nearly at the same time, we now reduce our med and I wonder what will be next on our schedule which we do at the same time. I am always glad to hear from you. Love and hugs!
ReplyDelete