My stomach is fine again.. but I just hit my toe this morning (sounds familiar, doesn't it?) on my way to class. I was late and I didn't want my students to be waiting so I tried running.. yeah, I should have known myself better than that. Did I mention that I hate wearing shoes when it's hot? So I am wearing filp flops most of the time. And let me tell you they are not a good protection for toes.. AT ALL! I managed to be just a little late but had to teach with a bleeding pinky toe.. Next time I`ll check my priorities first..
Last Wednesday was C's birthday and I figured out that 'special days' (like birthdays, Christmas and so on...) are difficult days for me because I have even more fear of doing something wrong. Irrational definition of wrong, obviously. It comes from the fact that my parents got mad when I saying 'Happy birthday' to them was not the first thing when I got up. Of course I had to have a present for them and I had to spent more time with them then normal. I had to hear them complaning about oh so many friends or family members that didn't call yet (it only being 12pm) and about how they're never going to talk to them ever again. There were people they didn't even have contact with when it wasn't for birthday cards or calls, but still people they would never talk to again when they were calling them too late. My parents also got very depressivewhen they didn't receive a lot of calls.. they were counting the calls they got! Instead of being happy about a call from a real friend. How sick is that?
Talking about my parents.. I just received a message from Facebook that my cousin (child of my mother's sister) sent me a friendship request. The cousin I never actually talked to and I haven't seen for about 4-6 years (I don't even remember). He obviously has no intention to have me as a friend, as he does not know me. Last time I saw him he was 6 years old and we never spoke to each other. Well he actually hardly spoke because his parents were answering for him all the time.. but I guess that's another topic..
Anyway so I checked his friend list and saw that he only has friends from school, being his own age, actually only children being in his school (so I think). And well his mother. So I got it. Now they are trying to get in touch with me pressuring the little boy in inviting me as a friend in facebook. Really grown up isn't it? I am not saying that this has obviously been my parents idea. I don't think they would do that. I guess it was my aunt who did it. The funny thing is that I don't actually have stoped having contact with her. What would have been a bit hard anyway as we only met on family occasion which I haven't attended for a looong time. So instead of inviting me herself, she sends her boy over thinking I wouldn't say no to him.. Well I did say no, shooting the messenger. That's just one more proof of my family playing children's games and being dishonest.
Too bad I'm really not in the mood for playing anymore.. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment