January 19, 2011

Where's my Bed?

I'm still alive.. kind of..
That were some horrible days. On Friday I had to go to work but as soon as I got there I called a colleague and told him that I'm very sick having a fever and so on. He couldn't come earlier than 12 and I thought I could make it until then. But then an hour later I started shaking and I couldn't stop anymore, so I called him again and he told me he would come as soon as possible. Again an hour later I was still shaking and I couldn't sit anymore. I called again and he wasn't even on his way. He wasn't actually doing anything, he was just at home! So I told him that I would leave now and lock the office, I just can't wait anymore. Of course he was mad, but I honestly didn't care at all.
I felt so bad that I couldn't take the public transport and had to take a taxi to drive me to a farmacy and then home. (I live in Vienna so that was very expensive) I was and still am really mad at that colleague. Sitting at home doing nothing while I'm at work dying (exaggerating, but just a bit).

At home I went to bed and didn't get up until yesterday. I slep through most of the days, and yes.. I didn't really eat anything. I was just not hungry.
Today I had to come to work because there was nobody to do my shift. But I'll only work half of the day. I do feel better but still not good enough to actually do anything. I'm very weak and can hardly walk. I don't sleep in the nights becuase I can't really breathe. I still can't hear a lot and my whole body hurts.. I think you get the picture.. I am still sick.

It is so obvious that I got sick because of the stress I had and the pressure. Bad timing. Tomorrow I have my first final and no I didn't study at all. Next week I have 6 other finals but I'm thinking of only doing 5 now. But there is absolutely no way I can study for them and pass them all. That sucks.
I booked a flight for February 17th and until then I have to get all my stuff in order, so that I can move to the other side of the pond. I haven't done anything for that either and it's not even a month to go.

Plus that I feel something coming up again since yesterday. Also a sign that I'm getting better. But I repressed it again because I'm not good enough and I have to figure out what to do with my exams.
Let alone work.. stress.. a customer is now just talking to us through a lawyer.. and the responsable one in this office (yay) is going to have to explain what her colleagues did.. hate it! I'm trying to not care about the work stuff.. It's just so not important right now. And I really don't need the stress. So I'll try to ignore the pressure coming from the main office.. telling myself it's not really my problem... I want my bed!

3 comments:

  1. Aww. Ugh. You have my sympathies. Think of all the love waiting for you on the other side of the pond and keep going. You're close to getting close. :)

    p.s. feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you. Sending love, virtual tissue and more chicken soup. I like that you keep boundaries and gave yourself time to recup. Just breathe.
    Remember how compassionate and excited you were for me to cross the pond and now so soon it is your turn! I am getting all excited for you now!!!! Sending good vibes and keep you in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that you've been sick, but glad to see that you are trying to take care of you. Wow moving to the other side of the pond, I have to give you huge credit for that. It's just hard for me when I have to move across town.

    ReplyDelete