And as if that wouldn't be enough, it started to get really cold and rainy so the pain is really strong again and I feel more tired than ever.
Imagine you have a cold, fever and everything hurts. That pain is what people that suffer from Fibromyalgia feel every day, sometimes more sometimes less. Other symptoms are constant tiredness, disorientation, forgetfulness, clumsiness and many others. You can't see Fibromyalgia or CFS (Cronic Fatigue Syndrome), and I, as so many others, stopped counting how many times people lable us as lazy or overreacting.. "Everybody gets tired", "If you'd get out more", "But you don't look sick"..
There is no cure and the leading cause of death from Fibromyalgia is suicide. If you want to read more about it go to: http://www.fmaware.org/
Of couse we also humor while having pain, what else can we do right? :)10 Best Things About Fibromyalgia
1. I save money on magazines. With brain fog, I can’t remember what I just read.
1. I save money on magazines. With brain fog, I can’t remember what I just read.
2. I am a cheap date. No alcohol, no desserts, and I still feel drunk or hungover.
3. On ‘good days’, I feel wonderful. Other people need a much better day to feel that good.
4. I lose weight without even trying.
4. I lose weight without even trying.
5. I am easy to find… I’m either at the doctor’s or I’m at home.
6. I never have to make my bed because I’ll probably be right back in it.
7. I have acquired a great lounging/sleeping wardrobe, I rarely get dressed as nobody ever sees me.
8. Disequilibrium saves money on amusement parks. I get the same sensation every time I stand up.
9. I feel smarter than my doctors… all they say is ‘I don’t know’.
10. With short-term memory impairment, I can hide my own Easter Eggs & Christmas presents.
How I know there’ll never be a race for the cure…
1. We wouldn’t show up because we’d still be in bed.
2. You want us to run?
3. The money we raised went to pay our medical bills.
4. There’s not enough Ibuprofen in the world to get us out there.
5. We’re not that crazy!
6. We would forget to show up.
7. What kind of ‘race’ would it really be?
These are from a german website selling all kinds of products helping to raise awareness.. (please don't sue me for posting this) Here is the link: http://www.zazzle.de/fibromyalgie+geschenke

I love the way you write, your wit,your honesty and sense of humor. I know it may not be politicaly correct of me to laugh at your pain but you indeed did make me laugh out loud.
ReplyDeletePolitical correctness is overrated, how can anyone live a normal life when people are tip-toeing around you all the time?
ReplyDeleteI like it when people are not overly careful about what they say, and I love to laugh about these things, otherwise I would just get depressive right? :D
Once I was trying to finish an advertisment for school while 'working' and I asked my colleague 'What do people in their 50s/60s want in life?'
He answered: 'To not get rheumatism'
When I started laughing he didn't get it for a second and then kept apologizing for about an hour.. (what was not necessary of course)
I agree I would rather laugh at myself somedays than not laugh at all. Hey I'm crazy I can laugh at anything I want:p
ReplyDeleteThere is something to be said about the ablity to laugh at what life has given you even if it is a bunch of lemons and you hate lemonaide.
Patting you on the back for a cheery attitude~! High five!
ReplyDelete