July 20, 2011

Not too bad a Day...

More good news..

Yesterday I called Sony to check on my computer. The girl that answered me told me that it would cost around $6000 pesos ($600 Dollars)!!! to repair my computer and that was just for the broken part inside and not the battery, which is also broken..plus the whole thing would take more than 20days.
So of course I told her not to authorize the repair and that I would pick it up today and that they should retrieve my files from the computer that I'll have them, at least.

I went there in the morning and (OK well morning.. meaning around 12pm.. just couldn't get up) was already really sad and in a really bad mood.
The manager came to me when he saw me entering the office and asked me why I wouldn't want to wait for the part. Weird question, I thought and explained him that it wasn't the time that bothered me just that it were too expensive to get it repaired. He looked at me kind of puzzled and told me: 'but it wouldn't cost you anything.'... Now I was the one puzzled.

Turns out that there was a misunderstanding.. meaning that girl that answered the phone made a mistake. The part that is broken was mal manufactured, so Sony put a warranty on it afterwards.
Of course I left my computer there. Still more than 20 days without laptop..

I still wanted my files, because it is really hard to work without them. So I asked them for it, as I already told them the day before that I would want them today. The guy told me that he will now start retrieving them and putting them on CDs... welcome to Mexico..:)
He told me to come back later today but I knew if I left I wouldn't get them until tomorrow or who knows when.. So I stayed, becuase he told me that would just take 30 minutes... hmmm.. I did convert that in mexican time.. meaning it would probably be about 1 hour. I was wrong. In the end I spent 3 hours there. Not counting the time I spent going to starbucks (walking reeeaaaly slowly) and enjoying a cold drink and a cheesecake.. slooowly.
They had a TV in there and I did talk to the guy who watched the bar on the computer moving every 2 minutes.. thinking that he could have done something else while waiting.. like... working? Then again.. welcome to Mexico. Don't get me wrong it's not that I want to offend anyone.. it's just something that I noticed. People don't really like to work here. It's as if they don't search for something to do when they are not busy being told what to do. I guess that's just a cultural difference..

Anyway.. I watched a few Scooby Doo episodes.. and in the end I got my files. Not too bad a day :).

No comments:

Post a Comment