June 29, 2011

WHY??

What can I tell you..
My head is worse, the rain is still there and I am still worried about my visa/passport.

Plus C is really annoying right now. Well, not really, but yeah... Let me explain that..
He just got a really good contract with a company to teach the employees english. All together there are 7 classes with different levels, 2 classes are on Monday and Wednesday and the other 5 on Tuesday and Thursday. When he got the contract he told them that he would like to start in July. Then he would have had more time to get enough teachers and coordinate all the other classes.

The woman from the human resources insisted on starting this month (3 weeks ago). C did tell her that he needed more time but didn't really insist on July. So in the end we had to start last week. Only having two teachers C and myself. Of course having to cancel all the other classes we normally teach at that hour. On Tuesday he called another guy, and he then came with us last minute. So we were still missing 2 other teachers. Which I don't understand.

I would never have told them that I can provide the service if I couldn't. For a week that was OK. I had 2 classes together ( I hated it because it was really difficult, but it was acceptable for a week). Then the week went on and it was as if C wasn't even looking for teachers anymore. Then on Monday he suddenly had this urge to get teachers again and we went to the next city, which is very touristy. After (!) teaching at the company, meaning at around 8:30pm, when it was raining and cold, plus it was a Monday night, meaning we wouldn't meet anybody anyway. But no, we had to go there.

There was a girl that said she would come and teach the next day, as on Tuesday we already needed that additional teacher. But she then cancelled, !!10 minutes after!! we wanted to meet her at the company. So again, no teacher for the two other classes. And of course the human resources manager got pissed. She was already that patient to accept that for a whole week. C telling her that the next week he would have enough teachers.

The students also started to ask about when they would have their own teacher. That's just soo unprofessional! Plus C just seems to not be able to get there on time, even with me telling him that we will have to go in 10 minutes.. 5 minutes... we have to go now... we really have to go now.... Me feeling like a pain in the ass doing that.

And today.. We were supposed to go there again. As it was already raining in the morning C thought that it wouldn't rain anymore and that we could take his car (a safari, which roof he never uses). Then it started raining again, so we would have had to take a cab instead. He then called the HR manager to tell her that it was raining very heavily and that we would wait for another 15 minutes to see if it would get any better. 15 minutes passed and the rain got less but didn't stop. I was of course asking him every 2 minutes if we would be going. He didn't really give me an answer until 15 minutes before we would have had to be there. We need 30 minutes to get there. Again, I don't understand that man.

What would have been the problem in taking a cab. Yeah it is expensive but the contract is more important right now, more even because he couldn't get enough teachers and got her pissed already. We of course ended up not going. He called the HR manager and OF COURSE she got even more pissed! C is now really disappointed in himself, because he couldn't get enough teachers, got there late af ew times and now cancelled because of something he didn't really have to.

I don't get it!!
Now for example he could use that time to get over CV's, call every teacher he knows and so on, but he doesn't do it!
And tomorrow he will get another impulse and start searching them in the middle of the night??
Of course I don't tell him that. I just had to get that out, because it does frustrate me too.

Sometimes I just feel he is so unefficient. He opened that school over 2 years ago, still doesn't have business cards or a website. I don't get it. The cards are designed and he has a domain. So what is stopping him from printing the cards and putting something on that damn domain? Yeah that will also cost money, and he would have to pay somebody to do that but it is worth it. It would help finding teachers, contacts, students...
But he just doesn't do it.

WHY? - that's the question..
Sometimes I would love to just do it myslef, but he would never let me. And yeah it is not really nice to think that but I do think that what he does in a week I could do in a day.

How come he just doesn't do things even if he really needs to until it is almost too late? Or even too late?

1 comment:

  1. Kaum ist man 2 Wochen weg, schon ist die Hoelle los in Mexiko!!!!
    Das ist taegliches Drama. Er ist ne Drama Queen. Nicht zum aushalten!!!! Tut mir so leid fuer Dich. Ich habe das gefuehl, dass Du kaum die Moeglichkeit hast, Dich auf Dich zu konzentrieren!
    Denk an Dich und melde Dich wenn Du skypen willst! Love from my heart to yours!

    ReplyDelete