Yesterday I stayed at home and took care of my clothes that were all over the place and still in my bags. I cleaned the drawers, washed some clothes and unpacked. I only needed two drawers for my clothes and one for other stuff... I guess I don't have a lot of stuff..
Anyway after that I also cleaned the house a bit to feel more comfortable and then I tried to relax a bit. It took many hours to do all this and I'm glad it is done now. It feels more like as if I am living here now. Teddy has his new spot on a sofa and he's happy to be out of the bag. (Yes, I left him in the bag for almost two weeks.. report me if you have to..)
Later in the night I got depressed again and had a lot of A.N.T's. I had these kind of thoughts before in simÃlar situations but I never tried to get to the root of them because I didn't have the tools. This time however, I got them. It was as if I took the pain in my hand and followed it's rope to the source. As soon as I got to the source the current situation that was the trigger stopt hurting. I cut the wrong connected feelings to the current situation and felt the original pain that had hurt me more than a decade ago. I did some self-parenting and I felt proud and better afterwards.
In the night I only had one nightmare. I don't know if it was the fact that I finally arrived (unpacked) or the self-parenting. Today I actually feel as if I slept! :)
So I'm hanging in there reminding myself of self-parenting and it's good effects. Trying to give myself time to adjust for as long as it might take.
Now this is some fabulous news I've heard in all day, today! Good going, girl! About Teddy, umm, sorry, but I had to report you.
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful news. It must have felt really good to get some decent rest.
ReplyDeleteOh,oh, love from my teddy to ours! Nothing better in the world but self care and inner child work. Glad you got some sleep and even better that you KNOW you have the tools and how to use them.
ReplyDeleteYes, it takes time to adjust. Leaving the house means I see here all the litter on the streets,type of cars I dont recognize, food I dont care for. I feel very foreign and alone. It will take many months hence I dont put pressure upon me now after just about 10 weeks. Love down South