November 10, 2010

Where's my chocolate?

Today I'm not really feeling better, but my colleague is sick so I have to stay at work the whole day. Funny how I rate illnesses.. He was feeling very ill (puking etc..) yesterday, so I told him 'Oh, that's worse, just stay at home I can manage'. But is it really worse?

I guess because I'm used to having pain, I don't think it is as worse as other illnesses. Eventhough, when you look at it in an objective way, it is far worse. Still as I can handle it - most of the time - it's not as bad. I'm fine. Oh, f** it! I'm not fine today!

I just learned to accept the things that I can't change, and I can't do anything to improve them. I obviously learned that from an very early age. I couldn't change my family situation so I had to adjust to it. I'm in pain, at work, and there is nobody that can take over for me, so I'm adjusting. I often asked myself whether this is a good thing or not.

Anyway, so I went to buy some food that will help me to get through the day. I pay more attention to what I eat and drink more when I feel as bad as today. Especially chocolate, probably the only thing that helps alleviating Fibro pain. And the only positive thing about having pain.. Chocolate is medicine :)

My day has it's own T-shirt :)

3 comments:

  1. I hope things get better for you, MyThought. If you can justify eating too much chocolate, though, go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D :D You're cute!

    Can you call the guy to do one half of the day because you BOTH are unwell?? Do it. Make the call. No treating others better than yourself anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate is on of the best medicine worldwide. My hips speak volumes.... ;-))) Be kind and gentle to you when feeling low or being in pain. I am talking not selfishness here but selfcare. No one but you can care for yourself as you can. Hugs

    ReplyDelete