October 29, 2010

Need for Sleep

I'm looking foreward to the weekend. I was working too much this week eventhough this and the next week is full of public holidays I volunteered to work. So instead of working 2 days and having 3 days of school I was working 4 days and had 2 days of school, yes I even worked before university. I'm so tired now.. I woke up with swollen eyes today, what indicates that I NEED MORE SLEEP.

I was only sleeping 8 hours a night this week, what is enough but not enough for someone with CFS. Meaning I function, I go to work, school and do whatever else I have to do but my concentration diminshes every day, I am chain yawning and I have more pain. I discovered that with my Pain Chart , because eventhough it is not raining and the weather is quite stable I feel more pain.

Today I will go to therapy after work and then I will do NOTHING on the weekend. Friends are already getting a bit mad because I haven't been out with them for a while, but my physical and mental health (as far as they are there :)) are more important. I would also be annoyed if somebody plans to go out with me on the weekend and then cancels a few hours before, but I can't change that.
Last week I felt what I needed to feel. Can't plan that. A few years ago I would have blamed myself and felt really guilty. I'm glad I don't care more about others than about myself anymore. I'm ok with not going out. I miss it. But if I can't go, I can't go.

I'm self-parenting my ass off :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I like that you're saying what you want to! That's an awesome feat!

    ReplyDelete